Subject: [OMPI users] Question on licensing
From: Victor Vysotskiy (victor.vysotskiy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-17 04:41:27

Dear Developers,

I would like to clarify a question about the OpenMPI license. We are working on academic code and our project is non-profitable. Now we are planning to sale the parallel binaries. The question is whether it is allowed to compile our project with OpenMPI (v1.8.2) and then distribute dynamically linked binaries? For instance, we can distribute (sale) our serial binaries compiled by GCC. But we are wondering now about OpenMPI.

Thank you in advance!

With best regards,
Victor.