Subject: Re: [OMPI users] orted 1.6.4 and 1.8.1 segv with bonded Cisco P81E
From: Vineet Rawat (vineetrawat0_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-09 19:00:33

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2014, at 6:36 PM, Vineet Rawat <vineetrawat0_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > No, we only included what seemed necessary (from ldd output and
> experience on other clusters). The only things in my <prefix>/lib/openmpi
> are libompi_dbg_msgq*. Is that what you're referring to? In <prefix>/lib
> for 12.8.1 (ignoring the VampirTrace libs) I could add libmpi_mpifh,
> libmpi_usempi, libompitrace and/or liboshmem. Anything needed there?
>
> You need basically everything that OMPI installs under the $prefix tree.
> I see you're compiling statically, so OMPI slurps all of its plugins into
> the .a library files, but you'll basically need all of them.
>
> That being said, since you're using --enable-static, all of OMPI's
> libraries should be statically linked against the orted. Meaning that the
> orted should be ok, even if you didn't copy all the .a files to all
> servers. But still, in general, we tell people to make the entire $prefix
> tree to all servers in the MPI job (e.g., if you don't include all the help
> files, you can get less-than-helpful help messages when things go wrong).
> You can even make them available via NFS, if it's easier.

We actually do ship the <prefix>/share and <prefix>/etc directories. We
set OPAL_PREFIX to a sub-directory of our installation and make sure those
things are in our PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I can try adding the additional shared libs but it doesn't sound like
anything's dlopen'ed so I'm not sure it'll help.

Vineet