Subject: Re: [OMPI users] orted 1.6.4 and 1.8.1 segv with bonded Cisco P81E
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-09 18:48:15

There is one new "feature" in 1.8 - it now checks to see if the version on the backend matches the version on the frontend. In other words, mpirun checks to see if the orted connecting to it is from the same version - if not, the orted will die.

Shouldn't segfault, though - just abort.

You could set --debug-daemons -mca oob_base_verbose 10 to see if the daemons are able to connect back to mpirun - that's pretty much a basic requirement.