Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Determining what parameters a scheduler passes to OpenMPI
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-06 12:30:32

We currently only get the node and slots/node info from PBS - we don't get any task placement info at all. We then use the mpirun cmd options and built-in mappers to map the tasks to the nodes.

I suppose we could do more integration in that regard, but haven't really seen a reason to do so - the OMPI mappers are generally more flexible than anything in the schedulers.