Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ierr vs ierror in F90 mpi module
From: W Spector (w6ws_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-03 12:47:54

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Did you find any other places where we accidentally had ierr instead
of ierror?

I will have to check the trunk and see.

The only place I know of where the Standard wants IERR instead of IERROR
is with the user-defined subroutines for MPI_KEYVAL_CREATE - which is
deprecated. And that is only important if you create a proper interface
spec for the COPY_FN and DELETE_FN arguments - rather than simply
declaring them EXTERNAL.

The user-defined subroutines for the newer MPI_COMM_KEYVAL_CREATE call
use IERROR.

I had found some other keyword issues last year besides IERROR. I only
reported the IERROR arguments because they were so pervasive across
almost every interface definition. Again, I will need to recheck the trunk.

Walter