Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_Finalize() maintains load at 100%.
From: Iván Cores González (ivan.coresg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-23 10:21:16

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for your response.
I see your point, I try to change the algorithm but some processes finish while the others are still calling MPI functions. I can't avoid this behaviour.
The ideal behavior is the processes go to sleep (or don't use the 100% of load) when the MPI_Finalize is called.

For the time being maybe the fastest solution is instert a "manual" sleep before the MPI_Finalize.

Another question, Could be possible kill some MPI processes and avoid that the mpirun fails? Or this behaviuor is impossible?

Thanks,
Ivan Cores