Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi configuration error?
From: Ben Lash (bl10_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 18:26:53

I'm not sure I have the ability to implement a different module management
system, I am using a university cluster. We have a module system, and I am
beginning to suspect that maybe it wasn't updated during the upgrade. I have
module list
..other modules....openmpi/1.4.4
Perhaps this is still trying to go to the old source location? How would I
check? Is there an easy way around it if it is wrong? Thanks again!

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Maxime Boissonneault <
maxime.boissonneault_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Instead of using the outdated and not maintained Module environment, why
> not use Lmod : https://www.tacc.utexas.edu/tacc-projects/lmod
>
> It is a drop-in replacement for Module environment that supports all of
> their features and much, much more, such as :
> - module hierarchies
> - module properties and color highlighting (we use it to higlight
> bioinformatic modules or tools for example)
> - module caching (very useful for a parallel filesystem with tons of
> modules)
> - path priorities (useful to make sure personal modules take precendence
> over system modules)
> - export module tree to json
>
> It works like a charm, understand both TCL and Lua modules and is actively
> developped and debugged. There are litteraly new features every month or
> so. If it does not do what you want, odds are that the developper will add
> it shortly (I've had it happen).
>
> Maxime
>
> Le 2014-05-16 17:58, Douglas L Reeder a écrit :
>
> Ben,
>
> You might want to use module (source forge) to manage paths to different
> mpi implementations. It is fairly easy to set up and very robust for this
> type of problem. You would remove contentious application paths from you
> standard PATH and then use module to switch them in and out as needed.
>
> Doug Reeder
> On May 16, 2014, at 3:39 PM, Ben Lash <bl10_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> My cluster has just upgraded to a new version of MPI, and I'm using an
> old one. It seems that I'm having trouble compiling due to the compiler
> wrapper file moving (full error here: http://pastebin.com/EmwRvCd9)
> "Cannot open configuration file
> /opt/apps/openmpi/1.4.4-intel/share/openmpi/mpif90-wrapper-data.txt"
>
> I've found the file on the cluster at
> /opt/apps/openmpi/retired/1.4.4-intel/share/openmpi/mpif90-wrapper-data.txt
> How do I tell the old mpi wrapper where this file is?
> I've already corrected one link to mpich -> /opt/apps/openmpi/retired/1.4.4-intel/,
> which is in the software I'm trying to recompile's lib folder
> (/home/bl10/CMAQv5.0.1/lib/x86_64/ifort). Thanks for any ideas. I also
> tried changing $pkgdatadir based on what I read here:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps#default-wrapper-compiler-flags
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Ben L

--Ben L