Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Enable PMI build
From: Hjelm, Nathan T (hjelmn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 17:40:39

PMI != phi. If you want to build for phi you will have to make two builds. One for the host and one for the phi.

Take a look in contrib/platform/lanl/darwin to get an idea of how to build for phi. The optimized-mic has most of what is needed to build a Phi version of Open MPI.

I usually run:

mkdir build-host ; cd build-host ; ../configure --prefix=path_to_host_build --with-platform=../contrib/platform/lanl/darwin/optimized ; make install
cd ../
mkdir build-pbi ; cd build-phi ; ../configure --prefix=path_to_phi_build --with-platform=..//contrib/platform/lanl/darwin/optimized-mic ; make install

I then modify the share/openmpi/mpicc-wrapper-data.txt to add a section for -mmic and have it point to the phi build. This is a bit complicated but it works well since mpicc -mmic with then use the phi libraries. I can give you a sample modified wrapper if you like.

-Nathan Hjelm
HPC-5, LANL