Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Question about scheduler support (or is this about cmake now?)
From: John Cary (cary_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 17:15:53

For cmake,

-DCMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-Wl,-rpath,'$HDF5_SERSH_DIR/lib'
or
-DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=-Wl,-rpath,'$HDF5_SERSH_DIR/lib'

I don't have a dog in this, but I will say that we have found supporting
Windows
to be much easier with cmake. If that is not an issue, then autotools is
is just fine too. We do both and are happy with either.

Yes, one must build cmake to use it. Does not seem to be a critical
issue to me if one wants to support Windows, as you have to install
something (e.g., cygwin) to use autotools.

We looked into cmake for openmpi a while ago, but only because we wondered
whether there was much interest in supporting Windows. There wasn't.

As to compiler support, we build our codes on all of

Clang, OS X native (which is variants of GNU and Clang),
PGI, Intel, Cray, Microsoft Visual, IBM BlueGene (xl).

Have not tried Absoft, HP-UX, Oracle Solaris (Linux and Solaris), Tru64.
Only rarely are we seeing the last three OS's anymore. No requests.
But I am confident cmake could do these.