Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Question about scheduler support
From: Fabricio Cannini (fcannini_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 16:03:48

Em 16-05-2014 10:06, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) escreveu:
> On May 15, 2014, at 8:00 PM, Fabricio Cannini <fcannini_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>>> Nobody is disagreeing that one could find a way to make CMake
>>> work - all we are saying is that (a) CMake has issues too, just
>>> like autotools, and (b) we have yet to see a compelling reason to
>>> undertake the transition...which would have to be a *very*
>>> compelling one.
>>
>> I was simply agreeing with Maxime about why it could work. ;)
>>
>> But if you and the other devels are fine with it, i'm fine too.
>
> FWIW, simply for my own curiosity's sake, if someone could confirm
> deny whether cmake:
>
> 1. Supports the following compiler suites: GNU (that's a given, I
> assume), Clang, OS X native (which is variants of GNU and Clang),
> Absoft, PGI, Intel, Cray, HP-UX, Oracle Solaris (Linux and Solaris),
> Tru64, Microsoft Visual, IBM BlueGene (I think that's gcc, but am
> not entirely sure). (some of these matter mainly to hwloc, not
> necessarily OMPI)

Not 100% confirmed, but this is good evidence that cmake does indeed
supports all these suites. See the file list:

http://fr2.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/centos/6.5/x86_64/Packages/cmake-2.6.4-5.el6.x86_64.html

http://fr2.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/dag/redhat/el6/x86_64/extras/cmake-2.8.8-1.el6.rfx.x86_64.html

http://fr2.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/opensuse/factory/aarch64/aarch64/cmake-3.0.0~rc4-2.1.aarch64.html

> 2. Bootstrap a tarball such that an end user does not need to have
> cmake installed.

What do you mean by 'bootstrapping a tarball' ?