Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Question about scheduler support
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 09:06:58

On May 15, 2014, at 8:00 PM, Fabricio Cannini <fcannini_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Nobody is disagreeing that one could find a way to make CMake work - all we are saying is that (a) CMake has issues too, just like autotools, and (b) we have yet to see a compelling reason to undertake the transition...which would have to be a *very* compelling one.
>
> I was simply agreeing with Maxime about why it could work. ;)
>
> But if you and the other devels are fine with it, i'm fine too.

FWIW, simply for my own curiosity's sake, if someone could confirm deny whether cmake:

1. Supports the following compiler suites: GNU (that's a given, I assume), Clang, OS X native (which is variants of GNU and Clang), Absoft, PGI, Intel, Cray, HP-UX, Oracle Solaris (Linux and Solaris), Tru64, Microsoft Visual, IBM BlueGene (I think that's gcc, but am not entirely sure). (some of these matter mainly to hwloc, not necessarily OMPI)

2. Bootstrap a tarball such that an end user does not need to have cmake installed.