Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openMPI in 64 bit
From: Tim Prince (n8tm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-15 16:10:57

On 5/15/2014 3:13 PM, Ajay Nair wrote:

> I have been using openMPI for my application with intel visual
> fortran. The version that I am currently using is openMPI-1.6.2. It
> works fine iwth fortran code compiled in 32bit and run it with openMPI
> 32 bit files. However recently I moved to a 64 bit machine and even
> though I could compile the code successfully with intel fortran 64 bit
> and also pointing the openMPI to the corresponding 64 bit files, the
> exe would not start and threw the error:
> *the application was unable to start correctly (0x00007b)*
> *
> *
> This is because the msvcr100d.dll file (this is required by openMPI
> even when I run in 32bit mode) is a 32 bit dll file and it probably
> requires 64 bit equivalent. I could not find any 64 bit equivalent for
> this dll.
> My question is why is openMPI looking for this dll file (even in case
> of 32bit compilation). Can i do away with this dependency or is there
> any way I can run it in 64 bit?

64-bit Windows of course includes full 32-bit support, so you might
still run your 32-bit MPI application.
You would need a full 64-bit build of the MPI libraries for
compatibility with your 64-bit application. I haven't seen any
indication that anyone is supporting openmpi for ifort Windows 64-bit.
The closest openmpi thing seems to be the cygwin (gcc/gfortran) build.
Windows seems to be too crowded for so many MPI versions to succeed.

--
Tim Prince