Subject: [OMPI users] openMPI in 64 bit
From: Ajay Nair (prodigyaj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-15 15:13:07

Hi,

I have been using openMPI for my application with intel visual fortran. The
version that I am currently using is openMPI-1.6.2. It works fine iwth
fortran code compiled in 32bit and run it with openMPI 32 bit files.
However recently I moved to a 64 bit machine and even though I could
compile the code successfully with intel fortran 64 bit and also pointing
the openMPI to the corresponding 64 bit files, the exe would not start and
threw the error:
*the application was unable to start correctly (0x00007b)*

This is because the msvcr100d.dll file (this is required by openMPI even
when I run in 32bit mode) is a 32 bit dll file and it probably requires 64
bit equivalent. I could not find any 64 bit equivalent for this dll.
My question is why is openMPI looking for this dll file (even in case of
32bit compilation). Can i do away with this dependency or is there any way
I can run it in 64 bit?

Thanks
AJ