Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Question about scheduler support
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-14 18:25:51

On May 14, 2014, at 3:21 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On May 14, 2014, at 6:09 PM, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> FWIW: I believe we no longer build the slurm support by default, though I'd have to check to be sure. The intent is definitely not to do so.
>
> The srun-based support builds by default. I like it that way. :-)

Yeah, because you actually use Slurm - but that isn't much comfort to all those who don't, but still get a slurm module.

> PMI-based support is a different animal, right?

Yes, it is.

>> The plan we adjusted to a while back was to *only* build support for schedulers upon request. Can't swear that they are all correctly updated, but that was the intent.
>
> Why would we do that? I'm all for a minimal ./configure line... did I miss something?

As per my other note, we are getting a continually increasing number of "default" builds due to included files in the distro when there is zero intent to actually install/use the scheduler.