Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Question about scheduler support
From: Maxime Boissonneault (maxime.boissonneault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-14 17:31:04

Hi Gus,
Oh, I know that, what I am refering to is that slurm and loadleveler
support are enabled by default, and it seems that if we're using
Torque/Moab, we have no use for slurm and loadleveler support.

My point is not that it is hard to compile it with torque support, my
point is that it is compiling support for many schedulers while I'm
rather convinced that very few sites actually use multiple schedulers at
the same time.

Maxime

Le 2014-05-14 16:51, Gus Correa a écrit :
> On 05/14/2014 04:25 PM, Maxime Boissonneault wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I was compiling OpenMPI 1.8.1 today and I noticed that pretty much every
>> single scheduler has its support enabled by default at configure (except
>> the one I need, which is Torque). Is there a reason for that ? Why not
>> have a single scheduler enabled and require to specify it at configure
>> time ?
>>
>> Is there any reason for me to build with loadlever or slurm if we're
>> using torque ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Maxime Boisssonneault
>
> Hi Maxime
>
> I haven't tried 1.8.1 yet.
> However, for all previous versions of OMPI I tried, up to 1.6.5,
> all it took to configure it with Torque support was to point configure
> to the Torque installation directory (which is non-standard in my case):
>
> --with-tm=/opt/torque/bla/bla
>
> My two cents,
> Gus Correa

Maxime Boissonneault
Analyste de calcul - Calcul Québec, Université Laval
Ph. D. en physique