Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Question about scheduler support
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-14 16:51:56

On 05/14/2014 04:25 PM, Maxime Boissonneault wrote:
> Hi,
> I was compiling OpenMPI 1.8.1 today and I noticed that pretty much every
> single scheduler has its support enabled by default at configure (except
> the one I need, which is Torque). Is there a reason for that ? Why not
> have a single scheduler enabled and require to specify it at configure
> time ?
>
> Is there any reason for me to build with loadlever or slurm if we're
> using torque ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maxime Boisssonneault

Hi Maxime

I haven't tried 1.8.1 yet.
However, for all previous versions of OMPI I tried, up to 1.6.5,
all it took to configure it with Torque support was to point configure
to the Torque installation directory (which is non-standard in my case):

--with-tm=/opt/torque/bla/bla

My two cents,
Gus Correa