Subject: Re: [OMPI users] No output when adding host to hostfile
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-09 09:45:48

There is a known bug in the 1.8.1 release whereby daemons failing to start on a remote node will cause a silent failure. This has been fixed for the upcoming 1.8.2 release, but you might want to use one of the nightly 1.8.2 snapshots in the interim.

Most likely causes:

* not finding the required libraries on the remote node because the default PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH aren't setup correctly

* firewall preventing TCP connections between the machines

Ralph