Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ROMIO bug reading darrays
From: Richard Shaw (jrs65_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-08 18:18:01

On 8 May 2014 16:59, Rob Latham <robl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Richard: may I add this test case to ROMIO's test suite? I'm always on
> the hunt for small self-contained tests.

Please do. I'm glad it's being so useful - it seems to be hitting a
surprising amount of bugs of different origins.

It might be an idea to make it test a variety of arrays sizes and block
sizes, it was interesting to me that this showed up with 3x3 blocks, but
not 2x2 blocks.

I found the problem in MPICH, but i don't know how it relates to OpenMPI --
> the darray bug is one I introduced on tuesday, so OpenMPI's ROMIO code
> should not have a problem with this darray type.

Fascinating!

Richard