Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ROMIO bug reading darrays
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-07 16:25:55

On May 7, 2014, at 4:10 PM, Richard Shaw <jrs65_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thanks Rob. I'll keep track of it over there. How often do updated versions of ROMIO get pulled over from MPICH into OpenMPI?

"Periodically".

Hopefully, the fix will be small and we can just pull that one fix down to OMPI.

> On a slightly related note, I think I heard that you had fixed the 32bit issues in ROMIO that were causing it to break when reading more than 2 GB (i.e. http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2012/07/19762.php). Have those been pulled into OpenMPI? I've been staying clear of ROMIO for a while (in favour of OMPIO), to avoid those issues.

It looks like we have pulled the following past the ROMIO that was included in MPICH 3.0.4:

Patches past 3.0.4: (Update whenever ROMIO is updated)
- Deal with endless ESTALE cases:
  http://git.mpich.org/mpich.git/commit/b250d338e66667a8a1071a5f73a4151fd59f83b2
- Fix compile error with Lustre 2.4
  http://trac.mpich.org/projects/mpich/changeset/a0c4278f1400a73eb63c5106e2bd3b1