Subject: [OMPI users] MPI File Open does not work
From: Imran Ali (imranal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-06 07:24:35

I get the following error when I try to run the following python
code
import mpi4py.MPI as MPI
comm = MPI.COMM_WORLD

MPI.File.Open(comm,"some.file")

$ mpirun -np 1 python
test_mpi.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "test_mpi.py", line
3, in <module>
 MPI.File.Open(comm," h5ex_d_alloc.h5")
 File "File.pyx",
line 67, in mpi4py.MPI.File.Open
(src/mpi4py.MPI.c:89639)
mpi4py.MPI.Exception: MPI_ERR_OTHER: known
error not in
list
mpirun
noticed that the job aborted, but has no info as to the process
that
caused that
situation.

My mpirun version is (Open MPI) 1.6.2. I installed openmpi using the
dorsal script (https://github.com/FEniCS/dorsal) for Redhat Enterprise 6
(OS I am using, release 6.5) . It configured the build as following :

./configure --enable-mpi-thread-multiple --enable-opal-multi-threads
--with-threads=posix --disable-mpi-profile

I need emphasize that I do
not have root acces on the system I am running my application.

Imran