Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI with Gemini Interconnect
From: Ray Sheppard (rsheppar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-16 17:01:37

Hello,
   Big Red 2 provides its own MPICH based MPI. The only case where the
provided OpenMPI module becomes relevant is when you create a CCMLogin
instance in Cluster Compatibility Mode (CCM). For most practical uses,
those sorts of needs are better addressed on the Quarry or Mason machines.
   When in CCM, the Gemini network is not directly accessible. The
proposed idea is for middleware to present an interface resembling an IB
interface and use it to create a subset of the Gemini network for the
CCM virtual cluster. Unfortunately, due to a Cray bug, case 80503, that
has not yet worked.
                         Ray