Subject: [OMPI users] problem with open mpi
From: flavienne sayou (flaviennesayou1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-16 12:55:28

Hello, I am Flavienne and I am a master student. I wrote a script which have to backup sequentials applications with BLCR and parallels applications with OPEN MPI. I created symbolic links of this script to /etc/rc0.d and /etc/rc6.d folders in order to be executed before boot and reboot processes of the computer. My aim is to backup all sequential and parallel application before the computer goes down (shutdown or reboot). Backups of sequentials and parallels applications are performed  good when the computer is on. But when the computer shutdown or reboot, only sequentials applications are backed up. I am wondering why parallels applications cannot be backed up before the compeuter goes down and if there is a solution which I can use to solve my problem. For information, I am working on Ubuntu 10.04 and the sript I wrote is below: #!/bin/sh   for i in `cat /home/snf4/ckpt/ficseq.txt` do   cr_checkpoint --term $i   done   for i in `cat /home/snf4/ckpt/ficpar.txt` do   ompi-checkpoint --term $i   done Where ficpar.txt contains PID of paralleles applications which are executed and ficseq.text contains PID of sequentials applications which are executed.