Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpirun runs in serial even I set np to several processors
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-14 16:00:19

On 04/14/2014 03:02 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
> If you didn't use Open MPI, then this is the wrong mailing list for you. :-)
>
> (this is the Open MPI users' support mailing list)
>

> On Apr 14, 2014, at 2:58 PM, Djordje Romanic <djordje8_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I didn't use OpenMPI.
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> This can also happen when you compile your application with one MPI implementation (e.g., Open MPI), but then mistakenly use the "mpirun" (or "mpiexec") from a different MPI implementation (e.g., MPICH).
>>

>> On Apr 14, 2014, at 2:32 PM, Djordje Romanic <djordje8_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> I compiled it with: x86_64 Linux, gfortran compiler with gcc (dmpar). dmpar - distributed memory option.
>>>
>>> Attached is the self-generated configuration file.
The architecture specification settings start at line 107.
I didn't use Open MPI (shared memory option).

NoNoNoNoNo!

You are confusing yourself (and even Jeff) by mixing up
OpenMPI and OpenMP.
Well, everybody wants to be Open ... :)

Note that OpenMP (no trailing "I") is the WRF shared memory option,
which is different from OpenMPI (with trailing "I") which
is the MPI implementation of this mailing list
(distributed memory, so to speak, althouth intra-node it is shared mem).

My guess is that your intent is to compile with MPI, right?
And actually with OpenMPI, i.e., with this implementation of MPI, right?

What is the output of "ldd ./wrf.exe"?
This may show the MPI libraries.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa