Subject: [OMPI users] Cygwin compilation problems for openmpi-1.8
From: Cristian Butincu (cbutincu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-12 12:42:09

Hello. The latest precompiled version to date of openmpi for cygwin is 1.7.4-1. Because I got some runtime errors when trying to run simple MPI programs, I have decided to upgrade to openmpi-1.8. When trying to compile openmpi-1.8 under cygwin I get the following error during "make all" and the build process halts: Error: symbol `Lhwloc1' is already defined The commands issued:  ./configure --prefix=$HOME/Apps/openmpi-1.8  make all Platform:  Operating system: Windows 8, 32 bits  CPU: Intel Core2 Duo  Memory: 4 GB  Cygwin version: 1.7.29 I have attached to this message an archive containing the output of config and build processes. Thank you.