Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Question on suspending/resuming MPI processes with SIGSTOP
From: Frank Wein (mcsmurf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-11 15:23:55

Frank Wein wrote:
[...]

Or basically my question could also be rephrased as: Is there a barrier
mechanism I could use in OMPI that causes basically very few to no CPU
usage (with higher latency then)? Intel MPI for example seems to have
the env var "I_MPI_WAIT_MODE=1" which uses some wait mechanism instead
of polling for a barrier. My idea for OMPI was to use SIGSTOP/SIGCONT in
combination with MPI_Barrier, but I'm open for other suggestions as well
if those work better (or at all).

Frank