Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem building OpenMPI 1.8 on RHEL6
From: Blosch, Edwin L (edwin.l.blosch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-07 18:47:19

Sorry for the confusion. I am not building OpenMPI from the SVN source. I downloaded the 1.8 tarball and did configure, and that is what failed. I was surprised that it didn't work on a vanilla Redhat Enterprise Linux 6, out of the box operating system installation.

The error message suggested that I try autoreconf, so I tried it.

I can try the autogen.sh script and see if that fixes it, but I'm noticing another thread right now where Jeff is saying that shouldn't be necessary.