Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open Mpi execution error
From: Hamid Saeed (e.hamidsaeed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-07 11:50:17

make -j<number of processors you want to assign for the make>

It is very simple to uninstall

go to the
/usr/local/
here you will find
lib,bin etc these are the file of MPI.
just type
rm -r <name of the file>

and also next time when you want to install i will recommend you use

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mpi_installation
make -j2
make install

include the following lines in your .bashrc file.

export PATH=/usr/local/mpi_installation/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=

/usr/local/mpi_installation/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

best of luck.

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM, Kamal <infikamal5_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> I use OMPI 1.8 for Macbook OS X mavericks.
>
> As you said I will create a new directory to install my MPI files.
>
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> Kamal.
>
> On 07/04/2014 17:37, Ralph Castain wrote:
>
> What version of OMPI are you attempting to install?
>
> Also, using /usr/local as your prefix is a VERY, VERY BAD idea. Most OS
> distributions come with a (typically old) version of OMPI installed in the
> system area. Overlaying that with another version can easily lead to the
> errors you show.
>
> You should always install to a user-level directory and then set your
> path and ld_library_path to start with that location
>

> On Apr 6, 2014, at 8:30 AM, Kamal <infikamal5_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Hello Open MPI,
>
> I installed open-mpi with
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/
> make all
> make install
>
> then I launched my sample code which gave me this error
> my LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/
>
> I have attached the output file with this mail
> could some one please help me with this .
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kamal

Hamid Saeed
CoSynth GmbH & Co. KG