Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Mapping ranks to hosts (from MPI error messages)
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-27 19:15:47

<John1.Sasso_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Yes, I noticed that I could not find --display-map in any of the man pages.
>> Intentional?
>
> Oops; nope. I'll ask Ralph to add it...

Nah ...
John: As far as I can tell,
good features are intentional in OMPI.
The bad ones seem to be just minor lapses.
And minor lapses are benign.
They help keep us alert. :)

So, in the spirit of pitching in two-cent contributions
to build an even more perfect OMPI documentation than we already have:
man pages, README file, FAQ, and this rocking mailing list rhythm,
(Who can ask for anything more?),
I think I found what seems to be the corresponding mca parameter:

rmaps_base_display_map

which defaults to 0, but should be set to 1
to produce the same effect of
mpiexec --display-map.

Right?

Cheers,