Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI-ROMIO-OrangeFS
From: Dave Love (d.love_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-27 18:45:41

Edgar Gabriel <gabriel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> not sure honestly. Basically, as suggested in this email chain earlier,
> I had to disable the PVFS2_IreadContig and PVFS2_IwriteContig routines
> in ad_pvfs2.c to make the tests pass. Otherwise the tests worked but
> produced wrong data. I did not have however the time to figure what
> actually goes wrong underneath the hood.

[I can't get into trac to comment on the issue (hangs on login), so I'm
following up here.]

In case it's not clear, the changes for 1.6 and 1.7 are different, and
probably shouldn't be. The patch I took from 1.7 looked similar to
what's in mpich, but hard-wired rather than autoconfiscated, whereas the
patch for 1.6 on the tracker sets the entries to NULL instead.