From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-27 11:31:57

On 03/27/2014 05:05 AM, Andreas Schäfer wrote:
>> >Queue systems won't allow resources to be oversubscribed.
> I'm fairly confident that you can configure Slurm to oversubscribe
> nodes: just specify more cores for a node than are actually present.

That is true.
If you lie to the queue system about your resources,
it will believe you and oversubscribe.
Torque has this same feature.
I don't know about SGE.
You may choose to set some or all nodes with more cores than they
actually have, if that is a good choice for the codes you run.
However, for our applications oversubscribing is bad, hence my mindset.

Gus Correa