From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-26 06:45:31

On 10:27 Wed 26 Mar , Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
> Be aware of a few facts, though:
>
> 1. There is a fundamental difference between disabling
> hyperthreading in the BIOS at power-on time and simply running one
> MPI process per core. Disabling HT at power-on allocates more
> hardware resources to the remaining HT that is left is each core
> (e.g., deeper queues).

Oh, I didn't know that. That's interesting! Do you have any links with
in-depth info on that?

Thanks!
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Chair of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
http://www.libgeodecomp.org
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!