Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Segmentation Fault
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-21 17:37:20

On Mar 21, 2014, at 3:26 AM, madhurima madhunapanthula <erankimadhu_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Iam trying to link the jumpshot libraries with the graph500 (mpi_tuned_2d sources).
> After linkin the libraries and executing mpirun with the graph500_mpi_custome_n binaries Iam getting the following segmenation fault.

Are you using Open MPI?

> I have no clue as to where the issue is. When I dont link the jumpshot libraries with the Graph500(mpi_tuned_2d) sources the binaries run without
> segfault error

That seems to imply that the problem is with Jumpshot...?

The stack trace you're showing seems to show that it's segv'ing inside graph500_mpi_custom_8, which seems to be supplying its own MPI_Testany (which is how these profiling libraries usually work). You might want to look at the corefile and see what Jumpshot is doing when the segv occurs.