Subject: Re: [OMPI users] testsome returns negative indices
From: Ross Boylan (ross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-21 13:17:19

On 3/21/2014 10:02 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
> So just to be clear, the C interface for MPI_Testsome is:
>
> int MPI_Testsome(int incount, MPI_Request requests[],
> int *outcount, int indices[],
> MPI_Status statuses[]);
>
> And your R call is:
>
> mpi_errhandler(MPI_Testsome(countn, request, &INTEGER(indices)[0],
> &INTEGER(indices)[1], status));
>
> I'm assuming request is an MPI_Request object.
It's a pointer to an array of such objects.
static MPI_Request *request;
request=(MPI_Request *)Calloc(REQUEST_MAXSIZE, MPI_Request);
> And integer(indices)[0] is where you want the outcount to go, and then integer(indices)[1] through [value_of_outcount] is where you want the indices to go, right?
Yes.

> If so, then yes, that looks proper.
>
> You'll probably need to look into what's happening in the R wrapper as to why you're not getting the right answers, sorry.
>
> (and yes, the values in the indices[] array should be between 0 and (incount-1))
I'm getting increasingly suspicious that this could be an integer size
mismatch, maybe from different compilation options. I think R uses 32
bits (even on 64 bit machines) and MPI uses 64, even though both have
type int. R defines
#define INTEGER(x) ((int *) DATAPTR(x))

What should the integer size be for MPI on 64 bit architectures,
specifically linux gcc (Debian 4.4.5-8) 4.4.5?

Ross