Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI job initializing problem
From: Beichuan Yan (beichuan.yan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-20 17:14:55

As for the performance, my 4-node (64-processes) 3-hour job indicates Intel MPI and OpenMPI have close benchmarks. Intel MPI takes 2:53 while Open MPI takes 3:10.

It is interesting that all my MPI_Wtime calls show OpenMPI is faster (up to twice or even more) than Intel MPI in communication for a single loop, but in overall wall time Open MPI is 10% slower for like 500K loops. The computing times are nearly the same. This is a little confusing.

I may set up and run a new test.

Beichuan