Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Usage of MPI_Win_create with MPI_Comm_Spawn
From: Nathan Hjelm (hjelmn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-18 10:37:54

The short answer is no. You can not at this time create a window with
an intercommunicator. You can use MPI_Intercomm_merge to join the two
groups and make a window using that communicator.

There has been some discussion in the MPI Forum about allowing windows
to be created on intercommunicators. More work is needed to determine
what the semantics should be so it will not be available in MPI 3.1.

-Nathan Hjelm
HPC-5, LANL