Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpi.isend still not working (was trying to use personal copy of 1.7.4--solved)
From: Ross Boylan (ross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-13 17:53:12

On Thu, 2014-03-13 at 13:13 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> I might just switch to mpi.send, though the fact that something is
> going
> wrong makes me nervous.
I tried using mpi.send, but it fails also. The failure behavior is
peculiar.

After I launch the processes I can send a message to the assembler, the
one for which I was having problems. It is still running a fake
process, which prints out a message to the terminal when it gets an MPI
message. I see the terminal message on the rank 0 process, which I'm
running interactively.

Another processes sends 2 messages to the assembler. The sender
continues to operate, indicating mpi.send completed. However, I never
see any messages from the assembler that it got a message. A different
process then sends a message to the assembler, and that sender then
hangs.

Ross Boylan