Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ctrl+c to abort a job with openmpi-1.7.5rc2
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-13 00:04:46

It's okay - we thought we had it fixed, but not for that scenario.

On Mar 12, 2014, at 9:02 PM, tmishima_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Sorry for disturbing, please keep going ...
>
> Tetsuya
>
>> Yes, I know - I am just finishing the fix now.
>>
>> On Mar 12, 2014, at 8:48 PM, tmishima_at_[hidden] wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Ralph, this problem is not fixed completely by today's latest
>>> ticket #4383, I guess ...
>>>
>>> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/4383
>>>
>>> For example, in case of returing with ORTE_ERR_SILENT from the line 514
>>> in rmaps_rr_mapper.c file, the problem still occurs. I executed the job
>>> under the unmanaged condition - rsh without torque:
>>>
>>> [mishima_at_manage openmpi-1.7.5rc2]$ mpirun -np 6 -host node05,node06
>>> -nooversubscribe ~/mis/openmpi/demos/myprog

>>> There are not enough slots available in the system to satisfy the 6
> slots
>>> that were requested by the application:
>>> /home/mishima/mis/openmpi/demos/myprog
>>>
>>> Either request fewer slots for your application, or make more slots
>>> available
>>> for use.

>>> Abort is in progress...hit ctrl-c again within 5 seconds to forcibly
>>> terminate
>>> Abort is in progress...hit ctrl-c again within 5 seconds to forcibly
>>> terminate
>>>
>>> rmaps_rr_mapper.c:
>>> 509 /* quick check to see if we can map all the procs */
>>> 510 if (num_slots < (app->num_procs *
>>> orte_rmaps_base.cpus_per_rank)) {
>>> 511 if (ORTE_MAPPING_NO_OVERSUBSCRIBE &
>>> ORTE_GET_MAPPING_DIRECTIVE(jdata->map->mapping)) {
>>> 512 orte_show_help("help-orte-rmaps-base.txt",
>>> "orte-rmaps-base:alloc-error",
>>> 513 true, app->num_procs, app->app);
>>> 514 return ORTE_ERR_SILENT;