Subject: [OMPI users] bind-to core warning even with numactl
From: Saliya Ekanayake (esaliya_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-04 09:57:33

Hi,

In an earlier thread I mentioned getting the following error when trying
--bind-to core option with mpirun. I was told that numactl and
numactl-devel need to be installed. The sys admins have installed these in
our cluster and I've rebuilt OpenMPI, but I still get the same warning. I
wonder if there's anything more I need to do.

*WARNING: a request was made to bind a process. While the system*
*supports binding the process itself, at least one node does NOT*
*support binding memory to the process location.*

* Node: 192.168.0.19*

*This is a warning only; your job will continue, though performance may*
*be degraded.*

Thank you,
Saliya

--