Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI-ROMIO-OrangeFS
From: Dave Love (d.love_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-04 05:39:37

Edgar Gabriel <gabriel_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> [What's OMPIO, and should we want it?]
>
> OMPIO is the 'native' implementation of MPI I/O in Open MPI, its however
> only available from the 1.7 series onwards.

Thanks, but I wonder how I'd know that? NEWS mentions "Various OMPIO
updates and fixes.", but that's all I can find there and in the FAQ.

It seems to me that there's a fair amount of hard work on open-mpi
potentially going to waste because it's simply undocumented. I can't
remember what other cases I've come across, but there have been several.

> I am still looking into the PVFS2 with ROMIO problem with the 1.6
> series, where (as I mentioned yesterday) the problem I am having right
> now is that the data is wrong. Not sure what causes it, but since I have
> teach this afternoon again, it might be friday until I can digg into that.

Thanks. I only wanted to provide a vote for the work, not hassle, of
course.