Subject: [OMPI users] OpenMpi installation
From: Talla (jtalla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-07 11:42:54

Hello sir
I downloaded openmpi 1.7 and followed the installation instructions:
cd openmpi
./configure --prefix="/home/$USER/.openmpi"

make
make install
export PATH="$PATH:/home/$USER/.openmpi/bin"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/$USER/.openmpi/lib/"

echo export PATH="$PATH:/home/$USER/.openmpi/bin" >> /home/$USER/.bashrc
echo export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/$USER/.openmpi/lib/"
>> /home/$USER/.bashrc

No error messages appear, accept "nothing to do with all-em". However when
I run mpicc or mpirun it says no command. So I am not sure if the mpi
installed correctly in my red hat server or not. I don't know what I am
missing so I would really appreciate it if you help me as I am struggling
with this for a while.

Thank you in advance. Talla

--
*Dr. Jamal A TallaAssistant professorDepartment of Physics, **Rm 2139*