Subject: [OMPI users] Can't build openmpi-1.6.5 with latest FCA 2.5 release.
From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-30 18:02:13

I grabbed the latest FCA release from Mellnox's website. We have been building against FCA 2.5 for a while, but it never worked right. Today I tried to build against the latest (version number was still 2.5, but I think we have updated our OFED sense the last install). We are running MOFED 1.5.3-4.0.42

1.6.5 configures fine against the old 2.5 fca library I have around (don't recall what OFED it expected) but the new one, which claims is for RHEL6.4 OFED 1.5.3-4.0.42, fails in configure with:

/home/software/rhel6/fca/2.5-v2/lib/libfca.so: undefined reference to `smp_mkey_set_at_IBMAD_1.3'

libibmad is installed, but the symbol smp_mkey_set is not defined in it. IBMAD_1.3 is though.

Any thought what may cause this? As far as I know our MOFED is from Mellnox and should match up fine to their release of FCA. So this has me scratching my head.

Thanks

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
CAEN Advanced Computing