Subject: [OMPI users] Can't build openmpi-1.6.5 with latest FCA 2.5 release.
From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-30 18:02:13

I grabbed the latest FCA release from Mellnox's website. We have been building against FCA 2.5 for a while, but it never worked right. Today I tried to build against the latest (version number was still 2.5, but I think we have updated our OFED sense the last install). We are running MOFED 1.5.3-4.0.42

1.6.5 configures fine against the old 2.5 fca library I have around (don't recall what OFED it expected) but the new one, which claims is for RHEL6.4 OFED 1.5.3-4.0.42, fails in configure with:

/home/software/rhel6/fca/2.5-v2/lib/ undefined reference to `smp_mkey_set_at_IBMAD_1.3'

libibmad is installed, but the symbol smp_mkey_set is not defined in it. IBMAD_1.3 is though.

Any thought what may cause this? As far as I know our MOFED is from Mellnox and should match up fine to their release of FCA. So this has me scratching my head.

Brock Palen
CAEN Advanced Computing
XSEDE Campus Champion