Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to use non-primitive types with Java binding
From: Oscar Vega-Gisbert (ovega_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-17 17:20:38

MPI.OBJECT is no longer supported because of it was based on
serialization, and it made the java bindings more complicated. It
brought more problems than benefits. For example, it was necessary a
shadow communicator...

You can define complex struct data using direct buffers and avoiding
serialization. MPI.OBJECT could be implemented in a higher level
layer, but serialization is very bad for performance...

Regards,
Oscar