Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How to use non-primitive types with Java binding
From: Oscar Vega-Gisbert (ovega_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-16 17:22:26

Hi,

If you are talking about types as ArrayList<Double>, it is not
possible, because the Double (D uppercase) is an object which
encapsulates a double. And the elements of an ArrayList are references
(pointers) to Java objects.

You can use complex types but you must create them with the Datatype
methods (createVector, createStruct,...). And the buffers that hold
the data must be arrays of a primitive type or direct buffers.

Regards,
Oscar