Subject: [OMPI users] Calling a variable from another processor
From: Pradeep Jha (pradeep_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-09 06:10:51

I am writing a parallel program in Fortran77. I have the following problem:

1) I have N number of processors.
2) Each processor contains an array A of size S.
3) Using some function, on every processor (say rank X), I calculate
the value of two integers Y and Z, where Z<S. (the values of Y and Z
are different on every processor)
4) I want to get the value of A(Z) on processor Y to processor X.

I thought of first sending the numerical value X to processor Y from
processor X and then sending A(Z) from processor Y to processor X. But it
is not possible as processor Y does not know the numerical value X and so
it won't know from which processor to receive the numerical value X from.

I tried but I haven't been able to come up with any code which can
implement this action. So I am not posting any codes.

Any suggestions?