Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Unable to schedule an MPI tasks
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-04 10:29:04

All you have to do is read the documentation - a simple "man at" would give you a detailed explanation of the at command:

NAME
       at, batch, atq, atrm - queue, examine or delete jobs for later execution

SYNOPSIS
       at [-V] [-q queue] [-f file] [-mldbv] TIME
       at [-V] [-q queue] [-f file] [-mldbv] -t time_arg
       at -c job [job...]
       atq [-V] [-q queue]
       atrm [-V] job [job...]
       batch

DESCRIPTION
       at and batch read commands from standard input or a specified file which are to be executed at a later time.

       at executes commands at a specified time.

       atq lists the user’s pending jobs, unless the user is the superuser; in that case, everybody’s jobs are listed. The format of
               the output lines (one for each job) is: Job number, date, hour, queue, and username.

       atrm deletes jobs, identified by their job number.

       batch executes commands when system load levels permit; in other words, when the load average drops below 0.8, or the value speci-
               fied in the invocation of atd.

Then write a simple script:

#!/bin/sh

mpiexec <first job>

mpiexec <second job>

and run it using one of the at-like commands.