Subject: Re: [OMPI users] What's the status of OpenMPI and thread safety?
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-18 19:49:33

This was, in fact, a primary point of discussion at last week's OMPI developer's conference. Bottom line is that we are only a little further along than we used to be, but are focusing on improving it. You'll find good thread support for some transports (some of the MTLs and at least the TCP BTL), not so good for others (e.g., openib is flat-out not thread safe).