Subject: Re: [OMPI users] typo in opal/memoryhooks/memory.h (1.6.5)
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-16 17:53:01

On Dec 16, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Gus Correa <gus_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> A question, for the benefit of OMPI 1.6.5 users (stable-version die hards like us here).
> When fixes like Ake's are applied to a stable version,
> do they make it to the (1.6.5) tarball or to some other code base?

They are currently going into the 1.6.x nightly tarballs. For example, I just committed some minor fixes last week, and then Ake's fix today (and another long-standing trivial fix) to the 1.6 branch, which automatically triggers a nightly tarball build:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/v1.6/

> How innocuous would it be not to apply the the typo fix
> caught by Ake, and keep OMPI 1.6.5 programs running?
> Would opal be lobotomized?

Nah, that was a totally trivial fix. It won't affect the correctness or performance of your Open MPI 1.6.x installation.