Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Configuration for rendezvous and eager protocols: two-sided comm
From: Christoph Niethammer (niethammer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-16 03:41:23

Hi Siddhartha,

MPI_Send/Recv in Open MPI implements both protocols and chooses based on the message size which one to use.
You can use the mca parameter "btl_sm_eager_limit" to modify the behaviour.

Here the corresponding info obtained from the ompi_info tool:

"btl_sm_eager_limit" (current value: <4096>, data source: default value)
Maximum size (in bytes) of "short" messages (must be >= 1)

Regards
Christoph Niethammer

--
Christoph Niethammer
High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)