Subject: [OMPI users] Configuration for rendezvous and eager protocols: two-sided comm
From: Siddhartha Jana (siddharthajana24_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-14 07:44:12

Hi

In OpenMPI, are MPI_Send, MPI_Recv (and friends) implemented using
rendezvous protocol or eager protocol?

If both, is there a way to choose one or the other during runtime or while
building the library?

If there is a threshold of the message size that dictates the protocol to
be used, is there a way I can alter that threshold value?

If different protocols were used for different versions of the library in
the past, could someone please direct me to the exact version numbers of
the implementations that used one or the other protocol?

Thanks a lot,
Siddhartha