Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Several questions about new Java bindings
From: Oscar Vega-Gisbert (ovega_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-03 13:39:58

Hello Ivan,

> From: Ivan Borisov <68vano89_at_[hidden]>
> Subject: [OMPI users] Several questions about new Java bindings
> Date: December 3, 2013 5:22:29 AM EST
> To: Open MPI users list <users_at_[hidden]>
>
> Hello everyone.
>
> I've installed nightly 1.7.4 recently and it's Java API is completely
> different from mpiJava.
> Is there guide or something to new Open MPI Java bindings? Or will it
> come out later (in some resonable time)?

Currently, the only documentation is the javadoc that can be generated
by accessing the 'ompi/mpi/java/java' folder:

     make jdoc

You will get the javadoc in 'ompi/mpi/java/java/doc'.
The guide and examples will come out later. But we do not know when...

> Specifically, I'm interested in how to port existing sources from old
> mpiJava to new Open MPI Java bindings
> and comments explaining reasons of changing each part of API.
> Is there determined time when new Java bindings will become stable or
> it's done when it's done?

The new Java bindings are stable.

> Also, what is the best version of Java API implementation for now?

The latest version.

Regards,
Oscar